Machine Learning Engineer
Strategy – Business Intelligence
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
You will work on designing and implementing high performance infrastructure for training and deploying machine learning models to provide near-real-time transaction risk predictions in production. This will include working with data scientists to facilitate their work whilst ensuring software engineering best-practice.
- Design and implement infrastructure to train, deploy, and monitor machine learning models.
- Work with distributed computing technologies for processing big-data to train-models and make features available in production.
- Write production-ready Python code for model training and deployment.
- Practical understanding of Machine Learning
- Experience building machine learning systems and data pipelines
- Able to write high quality, production-ready, (type-checked) Python code
- Experience with SQL databases and key-value stores (NoSQL)
- Understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience working with AWS or at least another common cloud platform (GCP/Azure)
- Familiar with distributed general-purpose cluster-computing (e.g. Spark, Dask, Hadoop)
- Familiar with the unix shell, and shell scripting (for automating tasks)
- Experience with C# desirable
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.