Lead Operations Engineer
Technology – IT Security and Infrastructure /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
Checkout.com (CKO) is currently seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional who will be responsible for delivering high standards of infrastructure, application and service level monitoring and management, including incident response, as part of our Operations Center (OC) team based in Mauritius.
The OC team is responsible for providing ‘round the clock’ 24x7x365 first line support, monitoring and management for CKO’s mission critical infrastructure and applications which support our payments platform. This is an exciting and dynamic role involving working closely with both internal technical team and external 3rd party suppliers to help ensure delivery of service within defined Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
Managing live incidents is also a key part of this role and the successful applicant will be able to operate efficiently under pressure while helping to recover service and communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders. The OC team employs a variety of tools and technologies to support proactive monitoring, incident resolution, administration, ticketing, communication and reporting for CKO’s business infrastructure & applications.
The ideal candidate is self‐motivated, collaborative and communicative with a positive hands-on and can-do-attitude, willing to work in an uncompromising and high pace environment.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to begin or further their career in the IT leadership space requiring solid technical, leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Lead and mentor a team of operations engineers.
- Monitor team performance based on defined KPIs.
- Maintain operation excellence within his team by ensuring quality of work and adherence to defined processes.
- Be an ambassador for all defined ITSM processes.
- Lead incidents and crisis bridges. Ensure proper escalations are performed in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper and timely communications to stakeholders during an incident.
- Ensure Incidents are remediated within defined SLA / OLA.
- Plan, delegate and monitor tasks assigned under his team responsibility.
- Ensure clear and proper handover is done between shifts and teams.
- Provide clear statements to incident reports, translating complex technical scenarios into easy to understand statements.
- Monitor & manage the performance and reliability of CKO’s payments processing environment
- Ensure system integrity, stability and optimal performance
- Contribute to infrastructure utilization and capacity analysis
- Helps in Collecting and maintaining vital system statistics for infrastructure and applications
- Present health check reports to key stakeholders.
- Conduct trend analysis to anticipate systems performance.
- Keep abreast with changes in technology and production systems.
- Own and manage incidents and resolutions.
- Be aware of upcoming and ongoing change activity across the estate
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an IT Professional.
- 0 to 1 years of experience in leading a technical team.
- ITIL or Prince3 certifications are an advantage.
- Eager to expand his/her People & Operations management skills.
- Good knowledge across different IT platforms - Cloud, Systems , Network and Security.
- Knowledge/Experience on AWS Cloud will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge on Windows & Linux Operating Systems. Docker is an advantage.
- Good knowledge on LAN/WAN networks. (TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, DNS, ACL. etc).
- Knowledge on the credit cards payments industry (Acquirers, Issuers, Schemes networks) will be an advantage.
- Autonomous and responsible.
- Self motivated and lead by example.
- Possess excellent crisis management skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Eager to evolve and expand their leadership and management skills within a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility to work on a 24/7 (12 hour) shift system. (Includes weekends and public holidays).
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.