Senior QA Engineer - FX & Payouts
Technology – Quality Assurance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
Checkout.com is looking for Senior QA engineer to join a multi-disciplined and multi-cultural engineering team to ensure that we ship the highest quality product to market. Your natural problem-solving skills, inquisitive mind and attention to detail will have a huge impact on the service we provide to our customers.
The ideal candidate must be a hands-on and passionate technologist who will get the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies using exciting and innovative testing approaches.
About the team - FX & Payouts
The FX & Payouts Product team is responsible for the Checkout.com Payment and Treasury Risk Management solution, centralising our merchant’s liquidity and improving operational efficiencies via an agnostic unified API. The product optimises global bank and alternate payment networks, intelligent routing and market leading payment validation, increasing data accuracy and seamlessly delivering payments. We consult with our merchants to innovate in new markets and expand their geographic footprint.
- 5+ years of professional experience within e-commerce or fintech
- Solid experience working within a fast-paced Agile team
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Good understanding of micro-services and complementary testing approaches
- Strong testing background in REST API and Web GUI testing
- Solid experienced using clients like POSTMAN and Swagger
- Comfortable using SQL with an understanding of databases
- Comfortable using continuous integration tools like Teamcity and Jenkins
- Extremely organised and methodical whilst remaining pragmatic
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make an active contribution to all Agile rituals (standups, retros, planning,etc)
- Contribute towards testability in order to influence application design for effective testing
- Author detailed test plans and supporting technical documentation
- Analyse complex business requirements and consistently provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborates to accurately understand the application under test
- Proactively engage with all stakeholders to close gaps in requirements
- Define and record test cases using the Gherkin language format
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Track quality metrics and generate reports for stakeholders
- Consistently execute REST API tests manually using POSTMAN
- Contribute towards the wider QA community to facilitate knowledge sharing
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.