VP of Sales - DACH (m/f/d)
Commercial – Sales
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
After a very successful kick-off in Western Europe, MENA, APAC and US, Checkout.com are now focusing on and disrupting the D-A-CH market. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most successful Payment Service Providers at a turning point of its global expansion.
We are actively looking for a creative, strategic-thinking and highly driven VP of Sales to build and develop our fast-growing Sales Team in Berlin, and maximise profitability with our leading payment solution. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales Europe, you will be responsible for driving new business growth in the D-A-CH market and communicating your ideas with the business, to ensure Checkout.com becomes the reference technology for digital commerce.
As a local leader, you will collaborate closely with various in-house leaders across Technology, Operations and Marketing to position our capabilities, products, services and solutions effectively with top prospects.
As a hands-on leader, you will support your teams sourcing and converting leads whilst ensuring they are outperforming their sales targets at all times. You will strive to balance encouraging mentorship with effective performance management, to develop every new hire into the future top-billers of the company.
- Identifying promising verticals that will help Checkout.com grow a healthy pipeline across the D-A-CH area
- Building and driving a solid outbound sales strategy, overseeing team’s cold calling, networking, fairs etc.
- Building and leading a high performing sales team to hit ambitious ever-growing targets
- Owning the Sales Team P&L
- Building and sharing knowledge on competition, our product, the payment industry etc.
- Forging strategic alliances with organisations who can be strategic partners in achieving
- Maintaining a solid, well-organized portfolio and nurture key accounts
- Overseeing Salesforce to monitor core metrics, KPIs, and trends and continuously identify areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement through regular analysis of the team's performance - being reactive and inspiring change
- Collaborating with Marketing to craft thorough presentations and proposals for prospective merchants
- Partnering with other global Sales leaders to share best practices, key business insights and industry trends
- Assist the management team with analytics and decisions
- 8-10 years Sales experience in both ecommerce and online payment industries, ideally in fast-growing start-up-like environments
- Solid network of potential prospects or partners in the region would be preferable
- Track record of inspiring and mentoring sales teams from no-experience to top-performers
- Proven individual contributor success in full-cycle Sales role
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work cross-functionally and provide insight to various internal stakeholders across the business
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce
- Tech-savvy, with a real passion for Technology
- Good eyes for business opportunities with awareness of financial factors
- Extraordinary communication and negotiation skills and techniques
- Highly organized and able to prioritize shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Fluent German and English skills (any other language is a plus!)
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.