VP of Sales - DACH (m/f/d)
Commercial – Sales /
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
About the Role
After a very successful kick-off in Western Europe, MENA, APAC and US, Checkout.com are now focusing on and disrupting the D-A-CH market. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most successful Payment Service Providers at a turning point of its global expansion.
We are actively looking for a creative, strategic-thinking and highly driven VP of Sales to build and develop our fast-growing Sales Team in Berlin, and maximise profitability with our leading payment solution. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales Europe, you will be responsible for driving new business growth in the D-A-CH market and communicating your ideas with the business, to ensure Checkout.com becomes the reference technology for digital commerce.
As a local leader, you will collaborate closely with various in-house leaders across Technology, Operations and Marketing to position our capabilities, products, services and solutions effectively with top prospects.
As a hands-on leader, you will support your teams sourcing and converting leads whilst ensuring they are outperforming their sales targets at all times. You will strive to balance encouraging mentorship with effective performance management, to develop every new hire into the future top-billers of the company.
- Identifying promising verticals that will help Checkout.com grow a healthy pipeline across the D-A-CH area
- Building and driving a solid outbound sales strategy, overseeing team’s cold calling, networking, fairs etc.
- Building and leading a high performing sales team to hit ambitious ever-growing targets
- Owning the Sales Team P&L
- Building and sharing knowledge on competition, our product, the payment industry etc.
- Forging strategic alliances with organisations who can be strategic partners in achieving
- Maintaining a solid, well-organized portfolio and nurture key accounts
- Overseeing Salesforce to monitor core metrics, KPIs, and trends and continuously identify areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement through regular analysis of the team's performance - being reactive and inspiring change
- Collaborating with Marketing to craft thorough presentations and proposals for prospective merchants
- Partnering with other global Sales leaders to share best practices, key business insights and industry trends
- Assist the management team with analytics and decisions
- 8-10 years Sales experience in both ecommerce and online payment industries, ideally in fast-growing start-up-like environments
- Solid network of potential prospects or partners in the region would be preferable
- Track record of inspiring and mentoring sales teams from no-experience to top-performers
- Proven individual contributor success in full-cycle Sales role
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work cross-functionally and provide insight to various internal stakeholders across the business
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce
- Tech-savvy, with a real passion for Technology
- Good eyes for business opportunities with awareness of financial factors
- Extraordinary communication and negotiation skills and techniques
- Highly organized and able to prioritize shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Fluent German and English skills (any other language is a plus!)
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 750 people across 13 international offices. In May 2019, we raised $230m in Europe's largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest. In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Note for applicants
As we receive a large number of applications, we can only get in touch with successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within three weeks, you can assume you've not made it through this time. Thanks for your interest and good luck!