Senior Software Engineer - APM - (m/f/d)
Technology – Software Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
Exposed to the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), you will work on the specification, design, coding, testing and deployment of various solutions within a Microsoft .NET environment.
The ideal candidate is passionate and spirited, lives and breathes Agile and firmly believes in creating clean, testable code.
About the Team - APM (Alternative Payment Methods)
Alternative payments for alternative worlds: In a world where cards seem to be everywhere, it's all too easy to forget about the alternatives. In fact, in many countries, alternative payments are the preferred online payment option and can represent a higher proportion of e-commerce growth in comparison to credit or debit cards. Unlike card payments, APMs come in different shapes and sizes. Typically, they are bank transfers (e.g. iDEAL, Sofort), direct debits (e.g. SEPA Direct Debit), eWallets (e.g. PayPal, Alipay), mobile wallets (e.g. ApplePay), local card schemes (e.g. Bancontact), cash-based (e.g. Boleto, Multibanco), and Invoices (e.g. Klarna).
The APM team improves Checkout.com’s value proposition and sets us apart from competitors through competitive pricing, differentiating APMs portfolio, special features, and deep regional market expertise. The APM Engineers are an essential part of the mission to deliver these integrations in time and quality and with style. A rich toolbox of up-to-date technologies enables us to live up to our high standards. Hypermedia, Event Sourcing, functionally inspired coding style, Docker and automated end to end tests and deployment are only some examples of many.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Mentor teammates
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Strong knowledge and application of software design patterns
- Strong .NET framework knowledge
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud experience
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English and C#
... and the "nice to have":
- ASP.NET Core experience
- AWS experience beneficial
- Working within a microservices architecture/distributed architecture
- Docker experience
- Experience of working in a compliance environment
- Scalability and high throughput software…
- Finance/payments experience
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.