Senior Software Engineer - Paris
Technology – Software Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the team
Joining a brand new team, you will work on the technical design, implementation, testing and deployment of several .NET Core applications. The ideal candidate is passionate about the .NET ecosystem, spirited, believes in small, Agile iteration, and enjoys creating clean, robustly tested code.
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary team to deliver key functionalities
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our new exciting product
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests to be automated
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Contribute and adhere to our API coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Strong knowledge and application of software design patterns
- Strong experience with .NET Core and ASP.NET Core
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud-based application development experience
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English and C#
...and the "nice to have"
- AWS experience beneficial
- CI/CD with TeamCity & Octopus
- Implementation of HAL (Hypertext Application Language)
- Experience with cross product event-driven microservice architecture
- Docker experience
- Experience of working in a compliance environment
- Scalability and high throughput software…
- Finance/payments experience
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.