Risk Analytics Associate
Operations – Risk and Fraud
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
Checkout.com is actively looking for a Risk Analytics Associate to enhance its in-house Risk Analytics and Reporting frameworks and support a number of strategic initiatives across the Risk and Fraud Department.
As the Risk Analytics Associate at Checkout.com, you will be responsible for engaging with various stakeholders within the Risk and Fraud Team, assess requirements and develop data-driven solutions by applying advanced analytics techniques in projects forming part of a wider suite of internal-facing products. You will also take the lead in ensuring the overall accuracy of information, whilst constantly striving to enhance data quality, adequateness and granularity.
In general, you will play a critical role in the Risk and Fraud Team, developing rules and models to effectively detect, prevent and manage risk within the overall Checkout.com portfolio.
- Support all units within the Risk and Fraud Department for operational reporting, while ensuring the completeness and integrity of the reports.
- Provide support to build and deploy relevant automated controls when required, based on user and business requirements.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting on the current Risk and Fraud reporting system when required.
- Propose and implement new techniques and technologies with the aim to enhance current Risk Analytics processes.
- Develop, implement and maintain advanced analytics and predictive models for the detection and prevention of Risk and Fraud events.
- Automate processes with the relevant tools where required.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in a data intensive environment.
- Good general technical background and understanding of BI stacks: Relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL) and proficiency using BI tools (PowerBI, Looker, Tableau).
- Experience working with large data sets in a data-driven environment.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written English is required).
- Ability to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to solve business problems.
- Continuously engage in the systematic and thorough documentation of all processes under his/her responsibility.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.