Senior Sales Manager
Commercial – Sales /
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Checkout.com are actively looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior Sales Manager to join our fast growing Barcelona Commercial Team to drive rapid growth across various industries for our revolutionary online payment solution.
If you are a driven and focused salesperson with a proven track record of selling cutting edge payment solutions in a high-growth and competitive environment, this is the role for you. In return, on top of a tremendous working environment, we offer you an unrivalled uncapped recurring commissions plan!
Reporting directly to our SVP Sales, the Senior Sales Manager will be responsible for launching Checkout’s Commercial presence in Barcelona. This includes working closely with Marketing & BDRs to qualify greenfield pipeline; building relationships with some of the world’s top merchants; and converting sales opportunities at high rates to outperform the sales targets.
Along the way, you'll collaborate closely with various in-house talents across Technology and Business to position our capabilities, products, services and solutions effectively with prospects. The ideal candidate will need to be an independent, high-achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and outperform sales targets through personal drive.
- 7+ years of Sales experience in both ecommerce and online payment industries, ideally in fast-growing startup-like environments
- Solid network of potential prospects and partners in the region is preferable
- Track record of hitting and exceeding sales goals as an individual contributor in charge of the full sales cycle
- Self-driven with a strong appetite for challenge
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work cross-functionally and provide insight to various internal stakeholders across the business
- Highly organised and effective in driving internal processes forward
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Tech-savvy and fast-learner, with a real passion for Technology
- Extraordinary communication and negotiation skills
- Able to prioritise shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Experience working with marketplaces, marketplace solutions, fraud management or card-issuing solutions is a plus, but non-mandatory
- Fluent in English and Spanish
What you will be doing
- Identify promising verticals and prospects that will help Checkout.com grow a healthy pipeline across various verticals
- Help new merchants evaluate Checkout.com and handle detailed questions about our product capabilities
- Prepare thorough presentations and proposals for prospective merchants
- Orchestrate the entire Sales process and act as the main point of contact for merchants and internal stakeholders
- Maintain a solid, organised portfolio and nurture key accounts
- Partner with other Sales Leaders to share best practices, key business insights and industry trends
- Provide feedback on local trends including competitor insights, customer needs, sales, product and marketing information
- Pro-actively report your activities in Salesforce and monitor core metrics, KPIs, and trends
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.