People Operations Specialist
People – People Operations
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Team
The People Team’s vision is to Attract, Enable, Empower, Engage and Develop our people to make Checkout.com the best place to work. How do we make this happen? Through a progressive approach and passionate team that has the employee experience at its core.
Our People department comprises of 5 pillars - Acquisition, Experience, Culture, Development and Operations - whose mission is to connect the dots. This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative team and build a successful global company, together.
About the Role
We are actively looking for a talented and enthusiastic People Operations Specialist to help us scale our local team and Brazil operations.
The successful candidate will work across the 5 People Areas through the local management of recruitment and day-to-day HR activities to team-event planning and long-term projects and program management. You will help build a team which shall grow from 15 to over 100s employees in the months and years to come.
Cooperating with a global People team, you will keep everything on track in Brazil. This is a great opportunity to get extensive exposure in every facet of HR while working with a passionate People team across regions and together supporting the ambitious expansion plans of a Company which place people at the heart of its success.
The ideal candidate has a high degree of initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to balance and successfully prioritize tasks.
- Partner - be the trusted advisor for your stakeholders through expert guidance, coaching to managers in all areas of HR and making recommendations to optimise organisational effectiveness.
- Process - develop People policies and processes to meet employment law regulation and requirements, owning HR processes and identifying opportunities for automation through HR technology.
- Perks - manage the development and implementation of benefit programs locally, understanding how to drive an attractive and competitive offering and working closely with the Global People Operations team for parity.
- Payroll - with the support of the Payroll Specialist in London, maintain the relationship with our outsourced payroll provider.
- Collaborating with People Development on training and development initiatives as well as supporting our world-class onboarding process and performance management program.
- Support People Acquisition with local recruitment needs and establishing seamless candidate experience.
- Pair with People Culture on employee engagement initiatives and local internal communications.
- Represent People Experience in being the face of our local office and bringing local events to life.
- 3 years’ successful experience as an HR generalist in a high paced environment. Tech industry experience is highly preferred.
- Tech savvy with a keen interest for anything HR Tech & Systems
- Strong organisational skills with effective prioritisation and ability to work independently
- Hands-on, always ready to roll up your sleeves and go the extra mile for the team
- Process-driven, always looking for ways to optimize the day-to-day
- A thought partner who can demonstrate good balance of emotional intelligence with pragmatic judgement
- Ability to build, nurture relationships and interact with all levels of management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or human resources is preferred.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.