Data Operations Manager
Technology – Data Operations
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
This is an exciting time to be joining one of the leading and expanding Fintech organisations.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about technology and relish a challenge. This role is a combination of management and hands-on, where you will be helping to keep our systems running smoothly while delivering
on key objectives.
You will have the opportunity to work with passionate and driven engineers and contribute to making a real difference.
- Management of the current Data Operations Team (4 *Database Administrators)
- Liaise with Business Stakeholders to plan, monitor and ensure the Data Operations team deliver key objectives.
- Bring ideas to help maintain the current environment and future DB architecture.
- Manage the team to ensure the systems continue to run smoothly as we grow.
- Pro-actively help to devise database system improvement plans.
- Engage with the engineering and development teams to provide support on new projects.
- Collaborate and engage with multiple teams across various locations and disciplines.
- Implement and maintain frameworks, policies and procedures for the team.
- Provide an escalation point for on-call and operational support after hours, as and when needed.
- Get hands-on in a Data/DBA capacity, helping the team when needed.
- Help to mentor team members and be the subject expert on all things Database related.
- 3+ years’ DBA experience covering MS SQL 2016 (or 2014).
- 2+ years’ team management/lead experience.
- Highly Desirable: AWS EC2 and RDS experience.
- Desirable: Experience with the implementation, maintenance and support of a Couchbase NoSQL environment.
- Familiar with a number of data transformation packages (i.e.SSIS, Attunity Replication).
- Prior experience in a 24x7, high-traffic OLTP environment advantages.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Fluent in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.