Technology – Software Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively looking for a driven and passionate Software Engineer to contribute in bringing our core technology payment platform to the next level of innovation and scalability.
As a member of our talented Engineering Team, the Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and delivery of our payment solutions to enhance Checkout.com’s user experience on various channels (web, mobile, etc.). The successful candidate will work on the specification, design, coding testing and deployment of software products within a Microsoft environment (.Net / C#) as well as the maintenance of current backend systems. The candidate will be working closely with an energetic and excellence driven team toward a common goal: providing our customers with reliable, fast and secure service-oriented web based payment solutions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent coding skills and product judgment, the ability to quickly pick up new domain-specific knowledge and a passion to contribute to complex and multidisciplinary projects through agile practices and processes.
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Work closely with global stakeholders and peers
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Mentor teammates
- 2-5 years' experience as Software Engineer in an Agile environment
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent - MSc preferred
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Strong knowledge and application of software design patterns
- Strong .NET / .NET Core knowledge
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Experience with Git (Git flow, pull requests and code reviews)
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud experience
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English and C# (edited)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Java
- AWS experience beneficial
- Working within a micro-services architecture/distributed architecture
- Docker experience
- Experience of working in a compliance environment
- Scalability and high throughput software
- Finance/payments experience
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.