Cloud Systems Engineer
Technology – IT Security and Infrastructure
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time.
About the role
Checkout.com (CKO) are looking for an experienced and skilled Cloud Systems Engineer to work as part of our Internal IT Team to assist in many of the day-to-day tasks critical to the team’s ongoing success. The successful applicant will help to design, deliver and support CKO’s IT infrastructure while ensuring delivery is, where appropriate, scripted and automated to ensure simple, consistent and reliable deployment. Other duties will include documentation of applications and standards, maintenance of ticketing queues, general assistance with projects, troubleshooting, and some after hours support.
- Produce detailed design documentation based on architectural standards. This will include physical and logical designs and configurations and implementation of these configurations.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation
- Work with architectural and design groups to ensure accuracy of designs and standards compliance.
- Work with project management teams to ensure that project deliverables are understood and timescales are committed to and met.
- Responsible for the technical review/approval of IT changes and implementation of the most complex changes
- Support development and QA teams in their deployment efforts as needed.
- Maintain sufficient familiarity with business / application / systems requirements
- Provide project implementation support during business and occasionally off business hours
- Create and update infrastructure documentation
- Provide input to product teams to define/refine group practices to meet team's objectives
- Attend departmental, project and general meetings and effectively represent current status as appropriate.
- Become thoroughly familiar with all compliance and security requirements, adhering to all policy and standards
- Ensure continued adherence to IT Service Management process (primarily around Change, Incident and Problem Management)Where possible, design and/or automate yourself out of any of the above duties.
- Experience as an IT Systems Engineer, in an enterprise environment
- AWS (Certifications strongly desirable) - deploying, managing and supporting EC2, EBS, ECS, IAM S3 & ALB
- Exposure to HAProxy
- Knowledge of Public Cloud Architecture (VPC, Networking, Multi- Account)
- Experience of administering both Linux and Windows Servers
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Deployment, Service monitoring and patching
- Remote Access Technologies & VPN
- Infrastructure As Code (IaC) e.g. Terraform
- Configuration management e.g. Ansible
- Authentication & SSO Technologies e.g. Okta
- Understanding of compliance frameworks (PCI desirable)
- BCP / DR -Technologies and methodologies
- Elastic Search (ELK Stack)
- Infrastructure & Cloud monitoring technologies
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.