Cloud Systems Engineer
Technology – IT Security and Infrastructure /
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
About the role
Checkout.com (CKO) is looking for an experienced and skilled Cloud Systems Engineer to work as part of our Internal IT Team to assist in many of the day-to-day tasks critical to the team’s ongoing success. The successful applicant will help to design, deliver, and support CKO’s IT infrastructure while ensuring delivery is, where appropriate, scripted, and automated to ensure simple, consistent, and reliable deployment. Other duties will include documentation of applications and standards, maintenance of ticketing queues, general assistance with projects, troubleshooting, and some after-hours support.
- Produce detailed design documentation based on architectural standards. This will include physical and logical designs and configurations and implementation of these configurations
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation
- Work with architectural and design groups to ensure the accuracy of designs and standards compliance
- Work with project management teams to ensure that project deliverables are understood and timescales are committed to and met
- Responsible for the technical review/approval of IT changes and implementation of the most complex changes
- Support development and QA teams in their deployment efforts as needed
- Maintain sufficient familiarity with business/application / systems requirements
- Provide project implementation support during business and occasionally off business hours
- Create and update infrastructure documentation
- Provide input to product teams to define/refine group practices to meet the team's objectives
- Attend departmental, project, and general meetings and effectively represent current status as appropriate
- Become thoroughly familiar with all compliance and security requirements, adhering to all policy and standards
- Ensure continued adherence to IT Service Management process (primarily around Change, Incident, and Problem Management) and where possible, design and/or automate yourself out of any of the above duties
- Experience as an IT Systems Engineer in an enterprise environment
- Experience of administering both Linux and Windows Servers
- 2+ years experience AWS (Certifications strongly desirable) - deploying, managing, and supporting EC2, EBS, ECS, IAM, S3 & ALB
- 2+ years terraform scripting skills with a key focus on Infrastructure As Code (IaC) and automation.
- Exposure to HAProxy
- Knowledge of AWS Public Cloud Architecture (VPC, Networking, Multi-Account)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Deployment, Service monitoring, and patching
- Remote Access Technologies & VPN
- Configuration management e.g. Ansible
- Experience with scripting – Python, bash
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Git
- Understanding of compliance frameworks (PCI desirable)
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 750 people across 13 international offices. In May 2019, we raised $230m in Europe's largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest. In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Note for applicants
As we receive a large number of applications, we can only get in touch with successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within three weeks, you can assume you've not made it through this time. Thanks for your interest and good luck!