Finance – Finance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time.
About the role
We are looking for highly organized and perceptive individual who can manage vendor relationships through professional communication, keep track of deadlines, and efficiently use their time. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, problem-solving, and collaboration skills and will support the Procurement Manager in delivery of agreed objectives in line with the procurement strategy. The role will be best suited to an experienced Procurement Generalist with experience across a broad range of categories.
- Lead, manage, and deliver their own projects
- Help to develop and build a best-in-class Procurement function
- Project management new supply chain opportunities and other activities as agreed with the Procurement Manager and stakeholders
- Take on responsibility for leading the commercial and contractual negotiations supported by our legal team
- Assessing supplier performance and compliance with commercial terms
- Building and developing effective relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Deliver savings to the business but core focus will be on adding value and sourcing scalable partners to help us grow
- Conducting market research on current best practices and future market trends
- Provide information to management team including budget vs actual per department, cost saving, critical vendor risk assessment
- Experience of working in procurement (ideally 2 -5 years)
- Experience of vendor management is desirable but not essential
- Experience of rolling out new procurement technologies is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience creating Procurement policies/identifying and implementing process improvements
- Experience of running end-to-end RFx processes
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proactive attitude towards work
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic financial understanding
- Previous experience with DocuSign or equivalent
- Ability to analyse data, own reporting and spot errors
- Highly articulate, both oral and written and numerate
- Began or completed MCIPS training is desirable
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.