Product Marketing Manager
Product – Product Management
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time.
About the Role
Now is an exciting time to join Product Marketing at Checkout.com. We’ve recently secured a record $230 million series A funding to enable us to realise our unique vision for the payments market. Product Marketing will play a pivotal role in ensuring that we connect our product roadmap with our commercial value propositions.
We’re building a team of the sharpest, most visionary Product Marketers to craft market-leading go-to-market plans for product launches, and couple them with first-rate execution to unlock our growth potential.
Our vision for the payments market is huge, and our Product team are working on a range of exciting product developments. But to realise this opportunity, we need to couple crisp value proposition development with seamless product launches, underpinned by a deep understanding of the problems that we’re solving for customers.
- Partnering with the Product team to become the Product Marketing expert for a particular product area
- Supporting the roadmap for each product area by crafting go-to-market strategies and launch plans to drive growth
- Working alongside the Product team to take new products and developments to market
- Ensuring strong value propositions available for each product area, with a clear message on how this supports our overall value proposition
- Build and maintain a library of materials (datasheets, how-to videos, competitor intelligence) for each product area to support Commercial team messaging and conversations
- Running enablement sessions to ensure the Commercial teams understand and can communicate the value proposition for each product area, in a way that resonates with target audiences
- Work with the Product team to ensure customer insights are gathered through qualitative and quantitative initiatives to drive and validate our vision and ensure that customer demand is at the heart of our roadmap
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Product Marketing Manager working closely with Product teams to take products to market in a fast-growth B2B technology company
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in the payments industry
- Experience crafting go-to-market plans and driving them forward for effective product launches, with a solid understanding of the process and stages needed
- Clear understanding of the role of customer insight in go-to-market planning and experience of working with Product teams to secure the right insights to determine product roadmaps
- Ability to craft crisp, targeted value propositions that resonate with target audiences
- Proven experience in providing tools, knowledge and materials to the Sales team in order to communicate the product value to the target audience
- Experience of working with Marketing teams to execute effective product launch tactics whilst having good understanding of the types of marketing tactics to deploy to achieve different launch goals
- The ability to grasp complex concepts and translate them into simple propositions
- Naturally strong communicator - both written and verbal
- Strong copywriting skills - you can turn your hand to a range of written materials from datasheets to emails to internal comms
- Solid project management skills - able to keep projects on track or pivot to accommodate changing priorities
- Able to work closely with stakeholders, navigating multiple priorities to drive projects to completion
- Detail-oriented with the ability to spot inconsistencies and potential gaps - and fix them
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.