VP Travel Partnerships
Commercial – Strategic Partnerships
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
We are looking for a VP Travel Partnerships to join our rapidly growing Commercial team. This individual will be responsible for building and nurturing relationships with key platforms and organisations in order for us to grow Checkout’s presence and to raise our profile in the Travel sector. The role, which is based in London, involves engaging with these strategically aligned companies and making our mark in the Travel space.
The VP Travel Partnerships will work closely with various internal teams, such as Product, Engineering, Marketing, Commercial, Operations and Legal. The ideal candidate will need to be an independent, highly motivated individual, who is able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and outperform goals through personal drive. It is important that this person is well-established in the Travel industry and has a strong network of relevant contacts.
- Growing Checkout.com’s presence and raising our profile across the Travel sector
- Interacting with key platforms and organisations in the Travel space
- Strategically positioning our cross-border payment solutions and services to prospective partners
- Developing and maintaining a strategic, well-organised portfolio of potential partners
- Working cross-functionally with internal teams to launch and manage new partnerships
- Identifying leads, negotiating and executing partnership opportunities
- Product-oriented and tech-savvy, with a keen eye for commercial opportunities
- Well-connected in the Travel sector, with a network of key platforms and organisations
- Experience working within or alongside airlines, hoteliers, GDS/reservation systems, payments organisations
- Exceptional communication skills
- Able to identify key partnerships that can help Checkout.com to build a presence in the Travel sector
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to flourish with minimal guidance
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.