Product Lead - FinCrime
Product – Product Management
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is seeking a Product Lead to join our Product & Innovation team. Our passion is to change the world of online payments and the Product & Innovation team sits at the heart of achieving our ambitious vision and goals.
The role, based in our London office, will involve working closely with our engineers, designers, and business stakeholders to help shape the future of online payments. You will act as an important bridge between Product, Technology and Design, to understand desired outcomes, elicit requirements, and then translate them into coherent functionalities that can be easily implemented for our innovative and groundbreaking products.
You will synthesise and articulate business insights to deliver required specifications, conduct feasibility studies, and produce designs/models. Reporting to our Head of Product and collaborating with Project Managers, Engineers and Design Stakeholders in an agile and very dynamic environment, you will be required to be flexible and adaptable at all times.
About the Team – FinCrime
The FinCrime Team is responsible for ensuring ongoing financial crime compliance, and the mitigation of associated risk, across the checkout.com suite of products. The team works closely with both Business and Product stakeholders, utilising leading technology and streamlining processes both for internal stakeholders and our Merchants to improve operational efficiencies at scale. This team also works closely with external providers, managing key relationships and optimising provider capabilities.
- Be the core advocate for the Financial Development team and product
- Lead the strategy, vision and roadmap for the Financial Development team from inception to delivery
- Direct line management responsibility for the Engineering Lead and Product Analyst
- Work with the team in all areas of people development
- Utilise prioritsation methodologies to effectively prioritise the roadmap and backlog
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders inside and outside the team to discuss everything from discovery to prioritisation
- Lead cross-team projects raised by the Financial Development team and work collaboratively on any other cross-team projects
- Work with an agile mindset
- Determine core stakeholders and communication methods to ensure alignment within the organisation
- 6+ years experience in Product Management, managing end-to-end product lifecycles from discovery to release
- A strong advocate of people development, with proven experience in a coaching or mentorship capacity
- Strong technical background, ideally a Computer Science degree, similar qualifications or experience
- Proven ability to work with and become a subject matter expert in a complex product
- Worked in an agile environment
- Solid communicator with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders across a variety of functions
- Understands the FinTech market – preferably Payments
- Flexible, adaptable and has a willingness to learn
- Tech-savvy, with a passion for everything Tech and Product
- Fluent in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.