Office Coordinator (d/f/m)
People – People Experience
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time.
About the Role
Checkout.com is actively looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Office Coordinator to take care of the smooth running and general happiness of our fast-growing Berlin office.
You will be responsible for the upkeep of our office, ensuring we are fully stocked in our kitchen and meeting rooms. This role requires a‘can-do’ attitude, always thinking two steps ahead and an approachable and friendly personality. This role also provides a great opportunity for progression and growth.
You must be comfortable working independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment, as well as interacting with people at all levels across the company.
- Being the first point of contact for all People Experience / Office matters
- Assisting with meeting room bookings for staff
- Answering the phone professionally, taking messages and transferring calls
- Managing office supplies (Stationery, SWAG, Food and Drink)
- Keeping the office and meeting rooms organised and tidy at all times
- Carrying out maintenance audits and organising repairs Manage first aid team, fire warden team and supplies
- Collecting post and distributing parcels to employees
- Coordinating company events (club’s coordinator) for 30-50 people from 12 different nationalities
- Preparing desk setup for new starters and manage the seating plan
- Proposing new ways to create a top class experience for staff and guests
- Maintaining a professional proactive persona for all business related duties
- Assisting the Global People Experience Manager with day to day duties and ad-hoc projects
- 2+ years experience in office administration/events planning or similar
- Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills, used to juggling a demanding workload
- Extremely proactive, with positive energy, team player and helpful attitude
- Driven, with the desire to take on more responsibilities over time
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and bring order to chaos
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact at all levels within the organisation
- Fluency in German and English, both written and spoken
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.