Senior Front End Engineer - Payment Interfaces
Technology – Software Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Joining a brand new team, you will work on the technical design, implementation, testing and deployment of Checkout's custom libraries and plugins for the most popular frameworks, platforms and e-commerce systems.
About the team – Payment Interfaces
Consumer Payments is a group that focuses on providing non-PCI compliant merchants a suite of options to accept payments from their customers. As one of the few B2B2C areas of Checkout.com, our ambition is to create a world-class experience for both our merchants and consumers.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to help drive the product development
- Passionate about doing things in the right way and a willingness to help others when needed
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team and wider organisation with passion and enthusiasm
- Assisting Business Analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
- Support the creation of technical documentation for our clients
- 4+ years of experience building responsive websites
- Demonstrated web performance profiling and optimisation experience
- Node.js experience
- Ability to work in an Agile and high-paced environment
- Not afraid to roll up the sleeves for any side projects when needed
- Excellent eye for Design
- Fluency in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.