VP Operations - Issuing
Operations – Operations
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is seeking a new challenge: build the next generation Issuing platform with the idea to provide innovators out there with the tools to build disruptive solutions.
Checkout.com is looking for a VP of Operations to drive all our operational efforts for this platform and capabilities, both internally and externally to help shape the future of Issuing.
This role is key to make Checkout.com's Issuing platform a success and offers a unique exposure to our core business areas collaborating closely our Product, Legal, Compliance and Finance teams. As a VP of Operations Issuing, you will also execute high-impact initiatives with external stakeholders: you will be in charge of building, evaluating, and managing partnerships that deepen Checkout.com’s card issuing stack globally.
Taking part of this challenge is an amazing opportunity to experience building out a global product from the ground up. These opportunities don’t come around very often and we are excited to open up a role of this magnitude.
- Liaising with Checkout.com teams to ensure Issuing project implementation
- Liaising with and managing Checkout.com's card issuing financial partners to facilitate the onboarding and support of Checkout.com card issuing clients
- Ensuring the implementation of best-in-class, robust, and bespoke card issuing operational processes
- Devising the company's financial operational strategy with card schemes and issuers, card vendors, payment services providers, payment gateways, banking partners, certification authorities, etc.
- Building, evaluating and managing external partnerships that benefit Checkout.com's card issuing clients
- Helping find the right stakeholders to support Checkout.com’s Issuing product strategy
- Ensuring the proper execution of partnerships, including project coordination, delivery plans, etc.
- Contributing to Checkout.com's transversal and strategic card issuing projects
- Contributing to the establishment of a pricing formula for issuing services
- 5+ years experience in card issuing
- Previous experience in card program management would be an advantage
- Experience with Visa and MasterCard processing and clearing systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multitask and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Superb communication skills and ability to interact with multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Avid reader of all technology publications and blogs
- Effective Project Manager
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.