Finance – Operational Finance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively looking for a driven and agile Reconciliation Associate to join our growing Operational Finance Team.
Working as part of our Operational Finance function, you will support the reconciliation of Card Schemes processing, as well as Checkout.com’s domestic and international bank accounts. Evolving in a high-pace and dynamic environment, meticulous attention to detail will be the key.
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated, laser-focused and highly organised individual, not shying away from high volume work. You must be a team player when it comes to getting the job done and assisting wherever you can.
- Reconcile Checkout.com's payment gateway processing and multiple bank accounts on a daily basis
- Identify discrepancies, the respective root causes, and taking action to eliminate / prevent any such in perspective
- Communicate with internal / external stakeholders to resolve queries
- Produce and review Checkout.com internal or external reporting - routine or ad-hoc
- Verify incoming billing for correctness
- Continually look at ways of building-up on processes, improving reconciliation robustness and introducing controls
- Participate actively in project work or product development initiatives
- Hold a university / college degree in a numerical subject or have 1+ years work experience with reconciliations in a high-volume transaction environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel (Formulas, Pivot Tables, Reference Functions)
- Have excellent attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets
- Motivated to find end-to-end solutions and work cross-functionally and with remote teams
- Deliver to tight deadlines in an evolving environment and sometimes shifting priorities
- Knowledge of Card Schemes, Alternative Payment Methods or payment solutions would be an advantage but is not essential
- Fluent in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.