IT Infrastructure Engineer
Technology – IT Security and Infrastructure /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
The infrastructure engineer will be primarily responsible for the delivery of first-class Infrastructure support across all our data centres and platform integration on the AWS Cloud environment.
In this role, you’ll have the responsibility for the design, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of our regional Data Centres. If you are agile learner, have hands-on experiencing architecting and implementing secure, reliable & resilient hybrid infrastructure solutions and able to function as part of a highly technical, cross functional team, we would like to hear from you.
- Design & Implementation of Data Centre infrastructure & solutions
- Act as the SME and point of contact for data centre relates issues and queries
- Hardware’s deployment (Server, storage, Rack & Network) and configuration
- Manage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for Infrastructure technologies
- Implementing & supporting hybrid infrastructure including servers, storage, operating systems (Linux & Windows Server), Public Cloud and Virtualization (VMWare)
- Participate in a cross functional team environment to provide troubleshooting and support around the IT Data centre Infrastructure & related services
- Maintaining technical documentation, reports, records, contacts, device passwords regarding all Data Centres, server rooms, communication rooms and communication cabinets
- Monitor and manage incoming Field service reports (FSRs) of critical data centre facilities units
- Ensure all data centre facility devices are registered and monitored via management tools
- Develop automation and tooling to drive consistency and efficiency in all aspects of infrastructure, network design, deployment, and operations
- Implement robust Monitoring solutions for regional Data Centres
- Provide 24/7 Remote Technical support
- 4+ years of Enterprise infrastructure, Data centre, networking or related experience.
- On-premise strong Infrastructure Engineering experience – Server, Firewall, Switch, Rack, Storage, Cross connect, Windows, Linux, Virtualisation, PDU etc
- Familiarity with major cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Google, IBM
- Deep troubleshooting skills that involves analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data.
- Knowledge of the interdependencies of data centre functions and technologies.
- Knowledge of network design and layout (copper / fibre) as well as low / high voltage (copper/ fibre) cabling, BMS Systems, EPMS, access control, monitoring and alarming systems
- Knowledge of Data Centre Facilities such as generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, UPS, electrical sub distribution systems, fire detection and suppression systems, cable reticulation systems
- Maintains current industry knowledge of trends, best practices, guidelines, standards, and technical expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Desire to learn and research complex topics
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
Nice to have
- AWS Experience beneficial
- Finance/ Payments Experience
- Data Centre Networking & Security strong expertise
- Knowledge of HSM & Cryptographic appliances
- Relevant vendor and industry certification
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.