Finance – Finance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time.
About the role
Checkout.com is looking for our first tax hire in our quickly growing finance team. The
ideal candidate will be a team player willing to assist where needed with a strong
background in corporate tax. This is a highly flexible role which will demand strong
organisation and communication skills. The business is going through a significant period
of change and the new role will evolve over time with the potential to expand the team
and become part of the key strategic decision-making team within the finance team.
- Corporate tax return completion/coordination in the UK and worldwide
- Collaborate in the development of risk-based approach to transfer pricing
- Planning - Manage various cross border restructuring initiatives
- Develop a tax forecasting process.
- Oversee the tax compliance process for various international jurisdictions across the group
- Strong UK corporation tax experience including experience with R&D claims
- International Tax experience (US tax exposure helpful)
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to influence and manage multiple tasks
- IT literate with strong Excel skills.
- Accountancy background ACA/ACCA/CIMA - an advantage
- Tax accounting experience
- Experience of managing change
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.