Scheme Compliance Associate
Operations – Risk and Fraud
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
We are actively looking for an ambitious Scheme Compliance Associate, who will assist in monitoring the risk assessment of our global e-commerce merchant’s portfolio. This is a multi-faceted role which will play a pivotal part within the function. The candidate will apply in-house methodology and use reporting tools to conduct reliable and pro-active risk profiling.
The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker who is able to read and digest in-depth card scheme rules and regulations to ensure all appropriate measures dealing with suspected cases of risk and fraud are acted upon accordingly.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most successful FinTech companies at a turning point of its global expansion.
- Implement processes and controls to ensure compliance with the scheme regulations
- Monitor Checkout.com compliance with scheme rules & regulations and the implementation of solutions for improvement
- Participate in regular audit of our internal Risk and Fraud processes to ensure compliance with all card scheme rules and regulations at all times
- Follow up on scheme compliance issues and perform investigations on new and ongoing scheme compliance cases
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to resolve issues related to scheme compliance
- Ensure amended and new scheme rules & regulations are implemented in our processes and procedures in a timely manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Solution-driven approach, with exemplary problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent and demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to maintain knowledge and skills with an emphasis on continuous learning about new trends
- Knowledge of card schemes rules and regulations would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; Legal or compliance background is preferable
- Fluency in English mandatory
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.