Senior iOS Engineer
Technology – Software Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimize their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
About the Role
As one of the first permanent iOS engineers at Checkout.com, you will be working on ensuring that our customers (merchants) have the best possible payment experience, even when Apple Pay is not available.
The product is our Swift SDK, which is used by a number of our leading merchants to process payments. Of course Apple Pay is supported, but we also have other payment options where Apple Pay isn’t available.
The ideal person for this role would be someone who can strike the balance between shipping quickly and writing tested & resilient code.
- Take responsibility for all things related to the merchant experience and the user experience
- Establish best practices and processes for the product team's overall development
- Assert the quality of your code with unit tests and automation tests
- Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in dynamic/fast-paced environment
- 4+ years experience in iOS development
- Use your Swift coding skills to build iOS SDKs
- Proven experience working in a tech or ecommerce company
- Knowledge of the payments industry is desirable
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Fluency in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.