VP Product Design
Product – Product Design
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively looking for a talented and excellence-driven VP Product Design to own the design thinking of our entire product suite, and drive our brand’s creative expression. You will design solutions that work great and look great to delight millions of our merchants users across the world.
Working side by side with our Product Leaders and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of passionate Engineers, you will be deeply involved in every aspect of the Product Development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will bring your deep visual and functional Design expertise and methodology to make sure our online payment solution is always one step ahead of our industry standards.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver with a passion for pixel-perfect designs and the ability to take complex business requirements and turn them into inspiring world-class designs.
- Collaborate with our Product Leaders, to define the user journey flows and interaction paradigms
- Ensure smooth journey flows between products
- To grow the product design function and evangelise internally
- Own the transformation of user journey flows into wireframes, prototypes and mock-ups
- Assist our Front-end and Back-end Developers in making those prototypes a reality
- Immerse yourself in the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change and optimisation
- Request and drive user research/usability tests as needed
- Research and analyse industry’ UX/UI trends and best practices
- Experience in end-to-end Product Design experience, solving complex UX/UI Design problems across a variety of browsers and devices
- Experience growing this function and building a world-class team
- Expertise in designing broad-scale Fintech software for sophisticated users
- Expert command of Suite and prototyping tools (Figma)
- Great at understanding outputs from user insights and transforming them into consistent UX systems
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Fluency in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.