Senior Software Engineer - Tech Finance - Porto
Technology – Software Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
Passionate about technology but not evangelists of any single one sums up our approach to technology selection, all developers are empowered to understand and question technology choice, an increasing number of our teams own the entire DevOps model for their products. The following are examples of technologies and frameworks used commonly throughout the business:
- .Net Core 3.1
- Various SQL and NoSQL offerings
- Microservices based architectures
Many ongoing and upcoming technical projects here at Checkout.com are focused around the scalability and optimisation of high performant systems, so if the above stack and the challenges facing a fast-scaling, technically focused company interest you, hopefully you can make a great impact here!
About the Team - Tech Finance
A suite of products responsible for enhancing and optimisation Checkout.com’s financial processes, becoming the golden source and distribution hub of financial data to a variety of end user groups. With Checkout.com’s fast paced growth and complex business domain we thrive in the ongoing challenges of data integrity, granularity, and scalability.
The Tech Finance Products
Fort - our proprietary greenfield financial reconciliation and treasury management tool has numerous exciting technical challenges. With a complex and evolving business domain and a rapidly increasing volume of transactions, there are huge learning opportunities here. CQRS architecture with horizontal scaling and event sourcing are just some interesting technical aspects.
Merlin - Checkout’s internal ledger system, the source of truth, we expose this data via various reports and external facing APIs posing unique challenges in building for scale while maintaining integrity. We are making use of event driven design patterns along with PostgreSQL, Aurora MySQL and DynamoDB.
FinDev - this is the domain critical to ensuring accurate pricing on all merchant transactions. It ingests financial data from various sources and applies business logic to drive ledger movements. It's a complex and evolving business domain with high throughput requirements.
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Passionate about technology and experience using the above mentioned technical stack
- A wide understanding and appreciation for software design and architecture
- Strong communicator who thrives in collaborative environments and teams
- Enthusiastic about delivery and have experience working in a fast paced agile environment
- Desire to work on an exciting product suite, core to the continued success of a fast scaling technical business
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.