Senior Sales Engineer
Commercial – Solutions Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior Sales Engineer to join our London office to bring technical expertise to our growing team as we continue to attract top-tier merchants to integrate Checkout.com’s revolutionary online payment solution.
The Senior Sales Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to our largest merchants in Europe throughout the entire sales cycle, as well as working very closely with our Product team in order to tailor the best solutions for our merchants.
Along the way, you'll collaborate closely with various internal teams across Technology and Business, providing sales enablement and positioning our capabilities, products, services and solutions effectively with prospects.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, highly motivated individual, who is able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and outperform targets through personal drive.
- Gathering merchants’ requirements and documenting them in a statement of work
- Being the first point of contact to large merchants during the integration with Checkout.com’s payment processing technology
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to large merchants
- Project managing large merchants’ accounts and overseeing the entire process from merchant interest until the account goes live
- Being constantly up to date with industry standards in order to offer the best bespoke solutions to our merchants
- Working cross-functionally with many teams internally
- Sales enablement
- Talking to and building a relationship with merchants prior to contract negotiations
- Being a trusted advisor for merchants
- 3-5 years in a Sales Engineer or similar role in the payments industry
- Experience working in a technical client-facing role
- Very well-versed in payments; should understand the technicalities inside and out
- Highly familiar with API based integration methods
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident communicating with C-level executives
- Highly organized and able to prioritize shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.