Digital Marketing Lead
Marketing – Marketing
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Lead to join our team in London. This role will be responsible for establishing our digital marketing practice and will oversee SEO and SEM/social channels.
In this role, the Digital Marketing Lead will be responsible for building both functions from the ground up, establishing the practices as core competencies in our fast growing company. Candidates should have a deep expertise of both organic and paid performance channels, and understand how the two work together to drive better results and returns.
This role will be critical in generating improved brand visibility and driving down-funnel lead generation. You will act as a key leader within our marketing organisation, providing cross-functional guidance on conversion rate optimisation, technical website implementation, and data science-based marketing modelling and target projects. You’ll also implement tools, select and manage support agencies, and oversee creative asset development.
This is a highly cross-functional role, where you’ll partner with our demand generation, events, communications, business intelligence and commercial organisations to drive scaled acquisition.
- Own SEO and SEM performance and drive optimisation and growth roadmap to increase visibility and inbound interest from high-value target customers
- Collaborate with Web Strategy, Content Marketing, Product Marketing and Demand Generation to ensure channel performance
- Create systems to determine key alignments between organic and performance channels to improve ROI and efficiency
- Leverage innovative technologies to identify new audiences, targets and keywords to expand channel reach
- Define digital marketing success metrics, target cost per lead/opportunity by channel, and perform analysis of overarching channel ROI
- Identify tools and agencies that can help us efficiently build the channels and drive bottom-line business results
- 6+ years in digital marketing, with expertise in both SEO and SEM
- Proven track record of leading successful, high-growth SEO, SEM and digital marketing programs
- Experience growing and managing a high performing marketing team
- Excellent direction of landing page creation, optimisation, and site information architecture
- Deep knowledge of marketing metrics and analytics
- Interest in applying machine learning principles to SEO and performance marketing (customer clustering, natural language processing, etc.)
- Experience working cross-functionally with creatives, engineers, analysts and product managers
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Working proficiency in a programming or scripting language a plus
- An energetic and willing attitude
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.