Lead Product Designer
Design – Product Design /
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
Lead Product Designer at Checkout.com
We believe in making things work beautifully, and be beautiful.
We're currently a team of 2 product designers and 2 writers, but we are growing fast. You'll be critical to the creating and setting the design culture and standards.
The Product Design team makes sure all our products, both internal and external, are removing the unnecessary complexity that exists in the industry.
Behind every business we serve, are wonderful human beings, and their loyal customers. Our team constantly pushes for a deeper understanding of the fundamental problems these people have. We are tenacious in pushing for solutions that are unifying, usable, powerful, with a nice dollop of pleasure.
Why be a Product Designer at Checkout.com?
Whenever we see complexity that confuses customers and makes their lives harder, it spurs us on to simplify and be the best, no matter how big or small that issue is.
If you like being given the autonomy to solving hard problems, and removing complexity from systems and experiences, then we’re the place for you.
The financial industry needs reforming, and it’s why we exist - to build the connected finance that businesses deserve.
- You care deeply. You believe you have a civic responsibility to your fellow human being that everything is made in the pursuit of perfection. You welcome criticism
- You're not an island. You can show and tell us how you've helped the people around you get better
- You think in systems. You can anticipate the ripple effects of small and large changes will have on the experience
- You highly prize being accountable. You take ownership for every action, confess faults and failures, strive for better, and build trust
- You place quality over speed, but you iterate and improve as swiftly as possible
- You're self motivated and can work independently. Because you can work from anywhere, we trust you to take the initiative making sure everyone has everything they need
- You love learning. You might not have experience for everything this role requires, but you're excited to grow and learn - sometimes 'wearing many hats' in a team
What you will be doing
- Being the master of your craft
- Develop the design strategy and vision for your product area
- Assist in researching the customers problems
- Breakdown the experience required into clear milestones that create value for the user
- Being fluent in Figma and producing pixel-perfect specs
- Prototype your solutions for testing
- Articulate your solution within the broader system with CX mapping, research and strategy
- Propose and monitor key metrics to measure product performance
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Note for applicants
As we receive a large number of applications, we can only get in touch with successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within three weeks, you can assume you've not made it through this time. Thanks for your interest and good luck!