Senior Internal Auditor
Operations – Compliance /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
We are actively looking for a compliance audit professional who will support the Checkout.com Audit function. Based in the United Kingdom, the role will require you to work closely with the Internal Audit team in Singapore to perform moderately complex audit assignments. The ideal candidate will be a confident, experienced audit individual with strong interpersonal and organizational skills and one who is able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan for, and conduct, audit in a fast-paced environment.
Internal Audit represents the third line of defence and provides independent assurance of the effectiveness of management's control of business activities (the first line) and of the control processes maintained by the Risk Framework Owners and Policy Owners (the second line). Internal Audit is an independent function whose primary role is to help the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the business.
- Support the Internal Audit Department in ensuring that effective assurance is provided to Senior Management, Board and the Audit Committee.
- Assist the Internal Audit Department in the preparation of audit plans for evaluation of risk control over processes and systems, perform data analysis and quantify impacts of control deficiencies.
- Perform complex audit reviews of systems, evaluate effectiveness of internal controls and business processes to identify areas for improvement and control deficiencies.
- Ensure that audit findings and recommendations are aligned with Checkout.com's operational and compliance objectives and risk appetite.
- Follow up on audit actions, assurance reporting and monitor all corrective actions according to prescribed standards.
- Maintain an efficient compliance audit database, document all audit plans, prepare reports according to established procedures.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to challenge and provide recommendations for enhancement of risk, governance, and control frameworks.
- Contribute to the maintenance and review of policies and procedures, including ensuring they are up to date with all regulatory and international best practices.
- A university degree and experience in audit / assurance (3-5 years).
- Chartered Accountant (preferable).
- Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) or ACAMS certification (preferable).
- Experience in compliance and operational risk controls within the financial industry (preferable).
- Strong analytical skills with experience in problem solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions.
- Analytical, risk focused and ideally capable of using data analytics to gain insights into transactions, clients, and products.
- Good organisational and stakeholder management skills.
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge in a broad range of projects.
- Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues.
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.