Senior Product Designer
Design – Product Design /
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Senior Product Designer at Checkout.com
As Checkout.com continues to build the next generation of online payment solutions and financial products, the role of Design within the organisation is becoming more critical with each day!
You will push design and innovate on a specific product. Alongside your peers, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of our ways of working, culture, and help optimise processes across the entire Design organisation.
In your mission, you will turn insights from real users into simple, breathtaking, and well-designed products supporting both user needs and business goals. Working within a cross-functional team and you will collaborate with all team-members to drive difficult, nebulous or sensitive work. You will make sense of complex problems and cut through to elegant solutions. You will participate in multiple initiatives within the function as well!
- You care deeply. You believe you have a civic responsibility to your fellow human being that everything is made in the pursuit of perfection. You welcome criticism.
- You're not an island. You can show and tell us how you've helped the people around you get better.
- You think in systems. You can anticipate the ripple effects of small and large changes will have on the experience.
- You highly prize being accountable. You take ownership for every action, confess faults and failures, strive for better, and build trust.
- You place quality over speed, but you iterate and improve as swiftly as possible.
- You're self motivated and can work independently. We trust you to take the initiative making sure everyone has everything they need.
- You love learning. You might not have experience for everything this role requires, but you're excited to grow and learn - sometimes 'wearing many hats' in a team.
- The online payments / finance industry.
- Experience in designing WCAG compliant, accessible interfaces.
What you'll be doing
- Own the design on a certain product or product features and help define the vision and a strategy.
- Ensure high quality for all the work produced from discovery to delivery.
- Continuously push forward the quality of work, both in terms of design artefacts, overall experience, and internal processes.
- Be a champion of user needs, partnering with a Staff or Principal Designer to plan user research, as well as sharing insights with everyone on your specific product.
- Turn complex flows and interactions into simple and breathtaking solutions that truly solves customer needs and accomplishes business goals.
- Drive a better experience across your product, together with your peers.
- Interact directly with product and engineering to help plan the roadmap.
- Contribute to the overall growth, maturity and processes around the design organisation.
- Support the DesignOps Team and the Design Systems team to make sure there is a consistent and aligned experience in every product.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.