Senior Data Engineer
Technology – Data Engineering /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
Senior Data Engineer at Checkout.com:
Checkout.com is looking for an ambitious Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering Team. Our team’s mission is to ultimately provide all the tools/platforms which will ensure data is an asset that can be easily leveraged to the benefit of our merchants. Part of that process also consists of ensuring internal stakeholders can easily collect, store, process and utilise data to build reports or products aiming to solve business problems. Our focus should be on maximising the amount of time business stakeholders spend on solving business problems and minimising time spent on technical details around implementation, deployment and monitoring of their solutions.
- You are a team player: you seek help when you need, you help others when they need!
- Strong engineering background with an interest in data, BI and machine learning
- Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail
- Experience using and maintaining Snowflake
- Experience using dbt (data build tool)
- Experience using and deploying Airflow in a scalable way
- Experience with Python and SQL
- Experience using TeamCity and Octopus or similar CI/CD tech
- Experience with bash/shell for task automation
- Experience using and managing cloud infrastructure, specifically AWS
- Able to write high quality documentation
- Familiarity with stream processing technologies (Kinesis, Kafka)
Don't meet all the requirements? Please still apply if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What you will be doing:
- Creating CI/CD pipelines to deploy changes to our Data Warehouse
- Automating our Snowflake environments management processes, preferably using infrastructure as code
- Creating frameworks to execute automated (data) tests
- Automating several aspects of our ingestion pipelines to ensure different teams across the business can own data pipelines end-to-end
- Designing and implementing tooling and processes to guarantee data compliance requirements
- Designing and implementing a coherent, centralised strategy for logging, monitoring and alerting of our data stack, including documenting process to ensure our operations teams are well equipped to flag and diagnose issues
- Creating guidelines/documentation and training to help different teams write and deploy models to Snowflake
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.