Business Operation Analyst
Operations – Acquiring and Partnerships
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
Checkout.com is actively looking for a talented Business Operation Analyst responsible for ensuring that Checkout.com operations meet current and future requirements for Visa and MasterCard cards processing and gateway services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the extraction, batch preparation, reports production and batches reconciliation as per Visa/MasterCard’s instructions, to ensure the integrity of transactions and information submitted to them and the reliability of the interface with their processing systems.
Ultimately, the Business Operation Analyst will be responsible for protecting internal systems from invalid or erroneous data sent or received via Visa/MasterCard processing systems and provide reports that help detect errors and reconcile interchange activity.
- Send outgoing transaction files for transmission to Visa/MasterCard, ensuring correct data entry and quality check
- Load and check Incoming and Outgoing files processed through Visa/MasterCard processing systems
- Validate and format outgoing transaction data and verifies the integrity of incoming transaction data from Visa/MasterCard
- Monitor daily settlement and ensure timely settlement of transactions.
- Produce error, audit, reconciliation and summary reports
- Organize and distribute Settlement reports in an organised and effective way
- Maintain reconciliation system for Settlement reports
- Identify and address gaps in current operational and planning processes
- Proactively investigate potential problems or technical issues, recommend thoughtful solutions
- Responsible for gathering, compiling and synthesizing information related to business processes, systems capabilities and end user needs
- Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, documenting and validating business requirements and recommending solutions in support of business needs
- Assist in root cause analysis of issues, in order to recommend product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity for the business units.
Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of the cards clearing and settlement systems and processes
- Solid experience in Edit Package
- Previous experience in processing cards transactions would be an advantage
- Experience with Visa and MasterCard processing systems
- Well versed in MS Office tools, especially MS excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong attention to details
- Effective Team player
- BSc in Finance, Engineering or equivalent
- Fluent in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.