Business Support Specialist
Hong Kong /
Operations – Customer Onboarding /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
Does the challenge of striving to serve millions of users around the world with the most forward-thinking online payment solution appealing to you?
Checkout.com is actively looking for a hands-on and highly driven Business Support Specialist responsible for providing our merchants and business partners with a world-class technical support. Energetic and customer focused, the successful candidate will act as our front- line in the region to ensure that our merchant queries are handled and solved in an effective and timely manner, escalating when required. Interacting directly with our merchants in identifying, investigating and resolving issues, the candidate will also collaborate closely with cross-functional teams internally to contribute improving process and procedures. This is a unique opportunity to face exciting challenges and build a successful career path as we are currently taking our product to the next level of scale, innovation and sustainability.
The ideal candidate must be tech-savvy and customer-oriented with eager to join an entrepreneurial, high-pace environment and take part in our little revolution.
- Serve as the first point of contact for post launch integration requests from client technical resources and the primary contact for help desk and integration questions via email, phone or front facing.
- Proactively assist merchants with any technical issues (e.g. configuration, debugging, documentation, testing) related to their daily use of our solution and coordinate with other team members when needed.
- Partner with Business Support, Sales, and Software Development to resolve issues that arise during merchant trials, integrations, or post implementation support
- Advise management on support issues which impact customer satisfaction and provide recommendations for appropriate actions
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- 2+ years experience in a Technical support role in the Tech and/or eCommerce industry
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills and ability to deliver practical solutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build/maintain strong working relationship
- Excellent ability to self-prioritize and time-box tasks without guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Fluency in English and Mandarin is mandatory whilst Cantonese is desired
- Ability to work odd-hours
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.