Engineering Lead - Payment Interfaces
Technology – Software Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time.
About the role
This role will include elements of architecture, strategy, and implementation focused primarily on our Frames product across Web, iOS & Android. Some full-stack services and data storage implementation will also be part of this role.
The ideal candidate is highly independent and can research the latest and greatest in architecture and best practices and is trusted to make great decisions. They should be passionate about simple, highly scalable, and reliable patterns and architectures.
You will be the people manager for several engineers - spanning Web, iOS, Android and QA.
- Mentor and develop a team of multidisciplinary software engineers.
- Support the product manager on a day to day basis with all aspects of engineering
- Design, develop, and deliver POCs which show best practices or demonstrate new technologies.
- Create maintainable, low cost, future proof architectures
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams on cross product initiatives.
- Champion best practices throughout the team across multiple languages.
- Produce documentation on all topics related to engineering standards and architecture and promote these across the company
- Contribute to the creation of our public & internal documentation
- Support our Commercial teams & existing merchants on an ad-hoc basis
- Perform R&D on new technologies, produce thoughtful arguments on future tech decisions
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful designAwareness/involvement of iOS & Android development
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud experience
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have
- Experience building web plugins for e-commerce
- Experience of iOS & Android development SDK development experience beneficial
- AWS experience beneficial
- Experience of working in a compliance environment
- Scalability and high throughput software
- Finance/payments experience
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.