Dispute Resolution Associate
Operations – Disputes Resolution
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively seeking a highly motivated Dispute Resolution Associate, responsible for handling disputes and complaints related to our Acquiring Platform and providing them with a comprehensive resolution management.
You will coordinate the Dispute Resolution process from tracking and reviewing complaints and critical situations with merchants, liaising and escalating with the several parties and teams involved, to resolving and documenting the cases.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to get involved in an entire scalable dispute process, and aligned with the main International Card Schemes' guidelines and the Company's overall growth strategy.
The ideal candidate is curious and diligent with a thorough attention to detail and the ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner.
- Manage the dispute resolution process for all transactions involving our global merchant base
- Coordinate the information workflow between merchants and Issuing banks within the timeframes set by International Card Schemes
- Proactively support Checkout's merchants by coordinating the collection of evidence and documents relevant to particular dispute cases
- Advice to merchants in deciding to pursue or not to pursue a dispute case
- Educate merchants about the Dispute process
- Completion of Dispute Questionnaires and the handling of Retrievals / Request for Copies (RFC)
- Maintain up to date Card Schemes' dispute resolution rules and constantly adapt and enhance the in house dispute resolution process
Skills & Experience
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a Dispute or Customer Support role in the financial services industry
- Customer-oriented with the ability to understand issues faced by third parties and merchants, handle escalations where necessary and provide tailored solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Proven technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- High degree of flexibility with the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Bachelor’s degree holder or equivalent
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.