Product Manager - Card Processing
Product – Product Management
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the team
The Card Processing team in Berlin is in charge of implementation and maintenance of third-party acquiring, direct integrations with card schemes and implementation of new card payments features. The Card Processing domain is critical for success and further development of Checkout.com's business and aspirations for global expansion.
- Own a significant part of the card processing roadmap
- Constantly work on improvements of merchant’s card processing experiences
- On a regular basis conduct customer research in order to collect insights and deliver exactly what is demanded by the market
- Develop, optimise & document business processes around the card processing domain
- Highlight, report and manage project risks & issues
- Set up product KPIs and metrics and work towards improving metrics reporting
- Manage product requirements and align them with external and internal stakeholders, other teams and your own team in order to deliver top class functionality
- Produce business and functional requirements as well as inputting into technical requirements
- Coordinate pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities
- Help the team to investigate and resolve production incidents
- Most importantly, be excited about scaling Checkout.com's card processing platform to help build a tech-driven bank that will revolutionize the digital commerce world
- 2+ years Product Management experience in payments or other fintech topic
- Leadership potential
- Strong documentation skills
- Aspiration to grow your product management skills within a fast-paced tech company
- Exposure to a range of project delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Kanban
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, productboard, Confluence, GitHub and Looker is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and consistently meet deadlines
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact with multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Experience in QA, delivery management or programming is a plus
- Degree Educated
- Fluency in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.