Operations – Legal
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is seeking a talented Paralegal to join our Legal and Compliance Team to support the business growth and expansion.
Your main responsibility will be to advise on regulatory matters including compliance with regulations to combat money laundering and terrorist financing, regulations on data protection and information security, regulations on trade and export controls, and licensing matters, as well as to produce and/or maintain a variety of internal policies and compliance related documents. You will also be responsible for providing assistance and guidance to various internal clients across a diverse range of Regulatory (e.g. Financial, Data Protection, Competition etc.), Commercial (including Intellectual Property such as trademark registration and protection), Corporate and Compliance related issues across multiple jurisdictions.
Collaborating with all core functions within the company, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects and play a key role in supporting the company’s rapid growth.
- Support and Regulatory and Compliance issues and risks, including matters such as AML/CFT, data protection, and information security.
- Contribute to the development and/or maintenance of training program for Checkout.com employees, and participate in delivery of internal training.
- Flag new legal and regulatory developments and consider their impact on Checkout.com.
- Conduct research on various multijurisdictional legal and compliance issues.
- Advise on special projects as needed, including new product developments, while taking into consideration their legal and regulatory impact.
- Support the Company’s strategic projects and initiatives by providing creative, proactive and results orientated advice.
- Prior in-house Paralegal experience in the Finance and/or FinTech industry (e.g. payment institution, e-money institution, bank) would be an advantage
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage a high volume of work
- Ability to work autonomously and independently with minimal guidance
- High level of written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Be open-minded and willing to accept new challenges
- Fluency in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.