Senior Software Engineer - Disputes Management
Technology – Software Engineering /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
Exposed to the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), you will work on the specification, design, coding, testing and deployment of various solutions within a Microsoft .NET environment.
The ideal candidate is passionate and spirited, lives and breathes Agile and firmly believes in creating clean, testable code.
About the Product
The Disputes Team works on allowing our merchants to identify and act on disputes, provide evidence with ease, and track the progress of your disputes in real-time. It allows consumers to dispute a charge exists in order to protect them from fraudulent payments or activities – fraud that could take place either on the part of the merchant or an individual.
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Mentor teammates
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Strong knowledge and application of software design patterns
- Strong .NET framework knowledge
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud experience
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English and C#
…and the nice to have
- ASP.NET Core experience
- AWS experience beneficial
- Working within a microservices architecture/distributed architecture
- Docker experience
- Experience of working in a compliance environment
- Scalability and high throughput software…
- Finance/payments experience
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.