Marketing – Marketing
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is looking for a copywriter to join the marketing and web team. This role will take the lead of continuously creating and improving content for our website and marketing collateral. This role will collaborate with various team members in Product, Commercial, and Marketing to inform and educate our customers and prospective merchants about our product offerings and value proposition.
This role will focus on Checkout.com’s digital marketing channels. These channels play an important role in driving brand awareness, reaching new customers, and contributing to meeting revenue targets. At Checkout.com, we believe that compelling content creation is one of the major foundation blocks to building a world-class business.
- Write clear, compelling copy for digital marketing platforms, including Checkout.com’s website
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Conduct high-quality research, discovery sessions and interviews with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with designers, product marketing managers and other professionals on various projects and tasks
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximise copy’s reach
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of digital marketing and online copy creation
- Top notch writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO
- Strong research skills
- Creative flexibility and an ability to adjust your writing and tone based on your audience
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- Experience in technology, payments, and fintech is preferred
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field
- Fluency in English
- Bonus to have worked in highly technical industries like payments, fraud or finance
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.