Product – Product Management /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
SVP Product at Checkout.com
Checkout.com is actively looking for a SVP Product to help us build the bank of the future that empowers digital commerce. Managing a very large remit across various geographies, you will act as the primary catalyst of our CEO’s vision, own the product value proposition, oversee the development of a diversified portfolio and ultimately the delivery of an ambitious roadmap.
Managing more than a dozen Product teams in a very dynamic environment, your ability to empower your Product leaders to think deeply and successfully define, prioritise and execute on their roadmap will be key to scale.
Reporting directly to our CEO and partnering with senior leadership across all departments including marketing, commercial, strategy and tech , you will play an essential role in identifying and delivering on new opportunities that lead to the growth of our product offering and the solutions we can provide. Our merchant solutions sit at the heart of our success, therefore innovation is key in order to deliver against ambitious business objectives.
In this inherently cross-functional role, your ability to work effectively in a very dynamic matrix environment with a high level of collaboration at different levels will be crucial. Thus, you will need to balance strong strategic-thinking with business-drive, strong communication, perfect execution and exceptional leadership skills.
- 8+ years hands-on Product Management and Team leadership experience in global fast-paced, fast-growing B2B Tech and/or FinTech companies
- Exposure to a range of project delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Kanban
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Microsoft Project, Trello, Confluence, Productboard and Github
- High level of analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop informed and factual business cases
- KPI or metric driven approach to building a world-class product organisation
- Exceptional leadership and people skills, ability to bring people under your vision and apply your directives
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and effectively lead your teams in times of uncertainty/ambiguity
- Familiarity with, or experience in the payments ecosystem
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact with multidisciplinary stakeholders at various levels
- Product qualifications and certifications highly appreciated
What you will be doing
- Build an expert knowledge of our industry and in-depth understanding of our customers’ needs to set the direction of our Product strategy and ensure it will have the greatest impact
- Oversee all components of the development lifecycle including: gathering business requirements, technical development, delivery of the platform and business enablement. You will not hesitate to roll-up your sleeves and work with your team to get things done
- Monitor and help define the roadmap and backlog of future features, in alignment with user needs and business strategy
- Effectively prioritize, sequence and deliver within agreed deadlines
- Maintain a solid communication framework and agenda between Product teams and with the wider business, document our capabilities and continuously advocate coherence across the product suite
- Partner with Strategy and Engineering to develop specific use cases and feasibility studies
- Collaborate with Sales to track progress and assess the impact of each product in the market, channel business inputs and continuously iterate
- Work with Marketing to stay up to date with the competition trends and broader industry developments
- Oversee the career development of a large team
- Continuously evaluate new processes, tools and methodologies and make recommendations
Don't meet all the requirements? Please still apply if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible Working (work from home and flexi-time)
- Competitive Training Opportunities
- Birthday Off
- Company Retreat (secret annual trips!)
- Pension Scheme, Premium Health Insurance, Cycle-to-work, Transport Schemes and lots more!
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, our values are the foundation of everything we do, including the experience we offer our people.
We support your professional growth by providing career development programmes and leadership training. We are excited to offer tailored learning pathways that are accompanied by online learning platforms, and the opportunity to attend conferences.
Along with recognising everyday excellence amongst our team, we also celebrate those that go above and beyond through our peer-nominated quarterly recognition award programme.
We are proud of our global connections enriched by our employee-led internal community groups, and delight in celebrating a multitude of cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Click the link to visit our website and watch our company video!
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.