Technology – IT Security and Infrastructure
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively looking for enthusiastic IT Professionals responsible to deliver high standards of infrastructure, application & other mission-critical services monitoring and response.
This new team will be guarding the IT infrastructure and applications of the Checkout Payment Platform. An Operation Engineer should ensure the proper functioning of the platform and resolve incidents within defined SLA's. Th Operation Engineer should own the incident and escalate where necessary and maintain communication with all stakeholders.
The Operations Centre (OC) uses various tools and technologies related to monitoring, resolution, administration, ticketing, communication and reporting, supporting round the clock 24x7x365 proactive monitoring of the defined business infrastructure and applications.
Based in Mauritius, the OC members will assist and collaborate in the improvement of the system and applications reliability, efficiency and incident response , for permanent resolution of issues to ensure a minimal or zero downtime. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and directed with a positive hands-on and can-do attitude, willing to work in an uncompromising and high pace environment.
- Monitor the performance and reliability of Checkout.com’s cloud environment.
- Work and communicate closely with other IT Team members to resolve specific issues
- Ensure system integrity, system stability and optimal system performance
- Contribute to infrastructure utilization and capacity analysis
- Identify and escalate infrastructure & application related issues to second level support in a timely manner
- Collect and maintain vital system statistics for infrastructure and applications
- Present a daily health check report to the concerned parties
- Conduct trend analysis to anticipate any future incident
- Keep abreast with changes in technology and production systems
- Own incidents and resolutions
- Keep an eye on changes happening over the platform
- Adhere to all ITSM processes defined
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or Engineering
- 2 or 3 years of experience as an IT professional - System/Network/Databases/Security
- Good knowledge and experience with a broad range of monitoring products such as Datadog, Sensu or Prometheus/Grafana
- Good knowledge on Cloud Technologies. Knowledge/experience on AWS Cloud will be a definite advantage
- Good knowledge on LAN/WAN networks (TCP/IP, routing protocols, MPLS, ACL etc).
- Good Analytical skills. Experience on ELK stack will be a definite advantage.
- Knowledge and experience on load-balancers such as HA proxy or AWS ELB
- Knowledge on credit card payments (Acquirers, Issuers, Schemes networks) will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and within a team. Autonomous and responsible.
- Process excellent troubleshooting skills
- Process excellent interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Flexibility to work on a 24/7 shift system, during weekends and public holidays is a must
- Eager to learn and evolve in a fast paced company and team
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.