Finance – Central Finance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role:
Checkout.com is actively looking for a fully qualified Financial Controller to oversee the Group accounts and make sure everything runs smoothly. The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform in dynamic environment and strong cash flow forecasting, consolidation, reporting and management skills.
- Oversee all Group accounts
- Complete monthly and annual reports under IFRS and local GAAP
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Development and monitoring of financial controls
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with various government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Report to the VP Central Finance with timely and accurate financial information
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with a least 4 years post qualification experience
- Strong focus on controls and processes and a high attention to detail
- Up-to-date technical skills and confident preparing IFRS and local GAAP financial statements
- The ability to work closely with external advisers (tax and audit)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you will engage with colleagues on a daily basis and you'll need to ensure processes and standards are being followed
- Strong people manager who can evidence development of staff
- Research & analytical skills.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.