Junior Sales Engineer
Commercial – Solutions Engineering
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com are actively looking for an enthusiastic and talented Junior Sales Engineer to join our fast growing Team in Paris to support our merchants with integrating our revolutionary online payment solution.
The Junior Sales Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance for our users in Europe throughout the entire lifecycle. You will handle support multiple merchants and select appropriate implementation and deployment options for the merchant’s solution.
Along the way, you'll collaborate closely with various in-house talents across Technology and Business to position our capabilities, products, services and solutions effectively with prospects. The ideal candidate will need to be an independent, high-achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and outperform sales targets through personal drive.
- Be the first point of contact to merchants during the integration of Checkout payment processing technology
- Answer all merchants’ enquiries, including but not limited to configuration, debugging, documentation, testing, and go live support
- Manage incidents as related to the implementation (investigation, troubleshooting, escalation, resolution, reporting, time tracking and analysis of incidents)
- Partner internally with Business Support, Sales, Software and Web Development to resolve issues that arise during customer trials, or post implementation support
- Advise Management on support issues which impact customer satisfaction and provide recommendations for appropriate actions
- Ability to multitask with multiple projects and implementations of key customers
- Maintain/update existing libraries/plugins used in integrations
- 1-2 years experience in the ecommerce, FinTech or Payments industry
- Experience working in a technical/commercial client facing role Highly familiar with API based integration methods
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced, target driven environment
- Fluent in English and French, any additional language appreciated
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.