Senior Public Affairs Manager
Marketing – Marketing /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
Checkout.com is looking for an experienced Senior Public Affairs Manager to spearhead our government and industry relations efforts. You will also lead our corporate social responsibility efforts, helping to ensure Checkout.com is living our values in a holistic way, connecting our internal activities to our external policies and programs.
This is a highly strategic role which will oversee our global efforts to develop deeper ties to key industry partners and government agencies. This role will be responsible for overseeing our positioning on how we engage with the broader community, including policymakers, regulatory bodies, industry memberships and philanthropic and educational entities.
You will work closely with our Legal, Strategy, People and Commercial organisations to identify strategic partners and agencies. You’ll partner with internal subject matter experts to develop all messaging frameworks and develop deep relationships with policymakers and determine where and how we should be engaging in a broader corporate context.
You’ll also work with our thirteen global offices to scale and localize our government and industry relations programs. In this role, you’ll help establish Checkout.com as a key thought leader and ensure our presence is felt in the broader financial, fintech and payments conversations.
- Collaborate with our legal and strategy teams to craft and communicate our policy perspective to meet long-term business objectives
- Develop deep relationships with key industry leaders and policymakers globally
- Partner with our global offices to ensure localization of policy is reflected and global perspectives are reflected
- Work with Checkout.com subject matter experts to ensure their placement and visibility within relevant conversations, committees or boards
- Coordinate with partner or peer organizations to develop collaborative policy efforts
- Create our industry agency strategy and maximize ROI of all participation
- Establish Checkout.com as a forward-looking thought leader in the payments space, including supporting the development of content
- 7+ years in internal or external government and industry relations
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience within the payments or broader financial technology industry
- Extensive experience creating policy frameworks
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in building a government and industry relations program from the ground up
- Experience working cross-functionally with legal, commercial and strategy teams
- A collaborative, pragmatic and solutions-minded approach
- An energetic and willing attitude and an ability to thrive in high-pressure environments
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.