Content Marketing Manager
Marketing – Marketing
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
The Checkout.com marketing team works to raise brand awareness, acquire new customers, and educate our merchant base through high-value, data-driven content. We are looking for an experienced content marketing manager to own our Checkout.com blog, customer communications and educational resource centre. This role combines content creation, editorial management and distribution strategies. You will oversee the production of all blog content, thought leadership pieces, and short-form content production.
You will also oversee the Checkout.com editorial calendar, build a stable of freelance contributors, and be responsible for our educational editorial voice. This role works cross-functionally with Communications, Social Media, SEO, Product Marketing, and Brand Marketing teams to drive product awareness and adoption. You will work to achieve these goals through content-based strategies ranging from native content placements to paid amplification to partnership placements.
You should have a creative, innovative approach to content marketing anchored in an obsession with analytics.
- Oversee Checkout.com’s blog and other educational resources
- Own the Checkout.com editorial calendar and voice guidelines
- Build and manage our team of freelance contributors
- Build and grow our content distribution channels, including syndication, native and placed content
- Write corporate blog posts, announcements about product, and craft thought leadership in partnership with our executive team
- Drive the performance of Checkout.com’s owned content marketing channels
- Work closely with SEO to grow our educational resource centre and attract more organic prospects
- 4-6 years of post-university work experience and a BA/BS in a related field such as journalism
- A working understanding of the global payments landscape
- Experience running data-centric content programs
- A love of writing and content production
- Top notch editing skills
- A creative approach and an obsession with the details
- Experience with B2B or enterprise businesses
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.