Commercial – Sales /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
Checkout.com are actively looking for a creative, strategic-thinking and highly driven VP of Sales to lead, develop and grow our Sales Team, and maximise profitability with our end-to-end payment solution. Reporting directly to the Head of Commercial Europe, you will be responsible for driving new business growth and communicating your ideas with the business to ensure Checkout.com becomes the reference technology for digital commerce.
As a strategic leader, you will collaborate closely with various in-house leaders across Technology, Operations and Marketing to position our capabilities, products, services and solutions effectively with top prospects.
As a hands-on leader, you will support your teams sourcing and converting inbound leads whilst ensuring they are outperforming their sales targets at all times. You will strive to balance encouraging mentoring with effective performance management, to develop every new hire into the future top-billers of the company.
- Identifying verticals that will help Checkout.com grow a healthy pipeline
- Building and driving the outbound sales strategy, overseeing team’s cold calling, networking, fairs etc.
- Building and leading a high performing sales team to hit ambitious ever-growing targets
- Building and sharing knowledge on competition, our product, the payment industry etc.
- Forging strategic alliances with organisations across the ecosystem
- Overseeing Salesforce to monitor core metrics, KPIs, and trends and continuously identify areas of strength and areas for improvement
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement through regular analysis of the team's performance - being reactive and inspiring change
- Collaborating with Marketing to craft messaging, presentations and proposals
- Partnering with other global Sales leaders to share best practices, key business insights and industry trends
- Assist the management team with analytics and decisions
- 8+ years Sales and/or Business Development experience in both ecommerce and online payment industries, ideally in fast-growing start-up-like environments
- Solid network of potential prospects and partners in the region is preferable
- Track record of inspiring and mentoring sales teams from no-experience to top-performers
- Proven individual contributor success in full-cycle Sales role
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work cross-functionally and provide insight to various internal stakeholders across the business
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce
- Tech-savvy, with a real passion for Technology
- Good eye for business opportunities with awareness of financial factors
- Extraordinary communication and negotiation skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize shifting workloads and responsibilities effectively
- Fluent in English
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.