Senior Database Engineer
Technology – Data Operations /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the Role
This is an exciting time to be joining the organisation as the system environment is going through rapid changes having recently moved to AWS, making it a great chance to bring all your creative ideas to help build a system for the future.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about technology and relish a challenge, we are looking for an individual who enjoys their DBA work and treats part of this as a hobby and not just a job. This role is very much hands-on where you will help to take our database architecture to the next level, therefore we are looking for a seasoned Senior DBE.
You will have the opportunity to work with passionate and driven engineers and contribute to making a real difference.
- Day-to-day management of DBE and associated tasks across all environments.
- Work along engineering and product teams based in different locations and disciplines.
- Provide on-call and operational support after hours, as needed.
- Get hands on with query and system optimisation work including troubleshooting and resolving database issues ensuring all the systems are performing at their best on a day to day basis.
- Lead, coordinate and help to implement database changes for in-house code releases and for database maintenance releases.
- DBA experience covering MySQL and MS SQL Server 2016 (or 2014)
- On-Prem and cloud environment at senior level.
- Excellent performance tuning skills (experience of Query Tuning, Indexing, Locking etc.).
- Proven cloud DB administration experience like AWS, Microsoft, Google, etc.
- Exceptional customer focussed, attention to detail and organisation skills as well as being able to work under pressure.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge around Aurora, Dynamo, RDS, Couchbase and Elasticsearch
- is a plus.
- AWS cloud certifications a plus.
- Cloud deployment automation technologies and methodologies: Terraforming, Json templates, CI/CD.
- Familiar with change management processes (ITIL), Jira and service
- desk software in an agile environment.
- Prior experience in a 24x7, high-traffic OLTP environments advantages.
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.