Senior Front End Engineer - The Hub
Technology – Software Engineering /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the Role
As a Senior Front End Engineer you will work on the technical design, implementation, testing and deployment of several React single page applications. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to a shared component library used thought the company.
About the Team
The Hub is Checkout.com’s Merchant facing website. It is the place where Merchants come to understand how their payments are performing, see what they need to take action on, deal with problems and change settings. It is therefore an absolutely key part of a Merchant’s perception of what Checkout.com is. The Hub matters. It needs to have a beautiful, useful and performant user experience. It must be reliable, fast and pleasing to use, and so this product blends user experience and using the right technologies to make everything fast and reliable. When things go wrong, we need to know fast and be able to fix it before it impacts many Merchants.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to help drive the product development of The Hub
- Passionate about doing things in the right way and a willingness to help others when needed
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team and wider organisation with passion and enthusiasm
- Assisting business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team
- Demonstrated web performance profiling and optimisation experience.
- CSS/JS Animations Experience
- Ability to work in an Agile and high-paced environment
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Docker experience
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud-based application development experience (we use AWS)
- Not afraid to roll up the sleeves for any side projects when needed
- Excellent eye for Design
- Fluency in English
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.