Associate Developer in Test - Fort
Technology – Quality Assurance /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
As an Associate Software Developer in Test, you will work against and help evolve the existing test strategy for your product and make a significant contribution towards scripting tests using a modern and cutting edge automation framework.
Your natural problem-solving skills, inquisitive mind and attention to detail will contribute towards a strong culture of quality across the organisation and have a significant impact on the service we provide.
About the Product
Fort, our proprietary greenfield financial reconciliation and treasury management tool, has numerous exciting technical challenges. With a complex and evolving business domain and a rapidly increasing volume of transactions, there are huge learning opportunities here. CQRS architecture with horizontal scaling and event sourcing are just some interesting technical aspects.
- An eagerness to learn about all things tech and payments
- Proactive communication with the team and wider business
- Ability to articulate yourself within a technical environment
Skills and Qualifications
- Some experience working within a fast-paced Agile team
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Familiar with REST API and Web GUI testing
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully embed and integrate with the engineering development team.
- Contribute towards all Agile ceremonies (standups, retros, planning,etc)
- Analyse requirements and provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborates to accurately understand the application under test
- Define and record test cases using the Gherkin language format
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Track quality metrics and generate reports for team and stakeholders
- Contribute towards new and maintaining existing automated tests
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.